Halesworth and District Museum has purchased two portable display cases for local organisations, companies and individuals to borrow so that they can create their own temporary exhibitions. We are happy for these cabinets to be borrowed free of charge; donations are welcome.
Terms and conditions The type of exhibitions must be specified beforehand and must not be for political, commercial, illegal or discriminatory purposes.
How to book Current availability can be seen on our web site. Download an application form from our web site, or collect a copy from the Museum. The form should be submitted at least one month before your exhibition.
- Supply their own transport
- Insure the cabinet(s); a letter from your insurer accepting liability will be required before the loan. Value of cases for insurance purposes: Case 1 £230, Case 2 £920.
- Collect and return at the agreed times
- Use the pop-up banner if supplied with the display case(s)
- Acknowledge the Museum loan of the display case
- Discuss any assistance needed from the Museum before borrowing
- Specify the type of exhibitions beforehand which must not be for political, commercial, illegal or discriminatory purposes.
Information on Cabinets
Display Case 1:
A Portable Folding Exhibition Display Cabinet – 1070 mm high This collapsible display case is a brilliant way of displaying products and other items to visitors at an exhibition. The portable display cabinet is easy to move around as it is supplied with a carry case.
The three tiered exhibition display cabinet is spacious with two white shelves and a solid beech counter top that can support a number of products. Items are easy to access due to the wide openings available on each tier.
Made out of a strong steel frame, locking springs and acetate panels, this portable display cabinet makes for an excellent exhibition display. This display cabinets is easy to assemble, simply pull the cabinet upright and then lock the uprights on the display case into place. The locking springs securely hold the display cabinet upright. Value of case for insurance purposes £230.
Display Case 2: Folding Display Cabinet
This folding display cabinet is put together in minutes, and can easily be dismantled and transported in the professionally built, heavy duty transport case supplied.
- Eight adjustable halogen lights
- Easily transported in the case with castors
- Easily assembled in minutes
- Heavy duty transport case
- Made with tempered glass panels
- Built to EU specification
- Four adjustable tempered glass shelves
- Two lockable tempered glass door
- Size 800 mm (w) x 400 mm (d) x 1980 mm (h)
- At least two people are required to transport and erect this case.
- Value of case for insurance purposes £920.
The travelling case dimensions are:
Height 46″ 117 cm
Depth 19″ 48 cm
Width 35″ 89 cm
Cabinet Funding. We are grateful to SHARE Museums East for a development grant to buy the cabinets.